At Lysol, we’re always looking for opportunities to educate students, teachers, and families on healthy habits. From basic hand washing to sanitizing lunchboxes and school supplies, we believe prevention is always better than a cure.
That’s why we’ve partnered with the National Education Association (NEA) and the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) to launch the Healthy Habits Tour. This unique public health initiative makes it fun and easy for students to learn how to reduce the spread of illness.
The Healthy Habits Bus Tour
With the Healthy Habits Bus Tour, we’re taking health on the road. Our Healthy Habits bus visits schools across the country to promote germ education. Students visit a series of interactive stations, where they learn how thorough hand washing and other healthy habits can keep germs at bay. Check back in April for the bus tour schedule!
Healthy Habits Week
Healthy Habits Week is a nationwide educational effort to teach healthy habits to kids. Taking place September 21-25, 2015, we work hand-in-hand with teachers and parents to teach children about health and hygiene through fun activities and simple lessons. Healthy Habits Week is supported by a rich collection of educational materials created in collaboration with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), available for free online.
Lesson Plans for Grades K-1
- Heathy Hands and Surfaces: Fair Share or Don't Dare?
- Heathy Hands and Surfaces: Shake Those Germs! Activity
- Heathy Hands and Surfaces: Make Your Own Soap
- Everyday Healthy Habits: Time Tally Activity Sheets
- Everyday Healthy Habits: An Apple A Day Activity
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating: Building the Breakfast Habit
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating: "Color MyPlate" With Healthy Choices
- Physical Activity: Rise and Shine Energy Tracker
Lesson Plans for Grades 2-3
- Heathy Hands and Surfaces: Now You See It! Activity
- Healthy Hands and Surfaces: Germs: Don't Pass Them Along!
- Healthy Hands and Surfaces: Calling All Kids: Be a Handwashing Expert! Handout
- Everyday Healthy Habits: Every Day, I… Handout
- Everyday Healthy Habits: Stay Well Cards
- Everyday Healthy Habits: Healthy Habits Placemat
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating: Energize Me! Energy in Healthy Food
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating: MyPlate Meets "My Favorite Meal"
- Physical Activity: Instant Energy Superhero Activity Card
Lesson Plans for Grades 4-5
- Healthy Hands and Surfaces: Code Breakers Handout
- Healthy Hands and Surfaces: Share Facts, Not Germs!
- Germs and Surfaces: Surface Smarts: Learning Cross-Contamination
- Everyday Healthy Habits: My Healthy Hero Essay
- Everyday Healthy Habits: Healthy Habits Story
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating: Cafeteria Smarts: Reading Nutrition Labels
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating: MyPlate, MyChoices: Tracking Healthy Eating
- Physical Activity: Friendly Fitness Take-Home Sheet